100 Drabbles of Summer Official Rules
1. The goal is 100 drabbles, to be written from the time period of Memorial Day (May 31st) to Labor Day (September 6th). What happens if you don't reach the goal? Well, you've still written a lot of great drabbles along the way! Aim for 100, but there's no penalty for not making it, so don't worry if you can't hit all 100. Please note that for purposes of this activity, a drabble is defined as a 100 word story - so we are going to be trying for 100 100-word-stories!
2. No previously written drabbles will count towards your official drabble count. They must be written between the 100 Drabbles of Summer start and end dates.
3. A drabble must be exactly 100 words to count towards your official drabble count. You are welcome to expand the story on your own journal, or post an abbreviated version of a topic that made you go over 100. But all drabbles that count towards your 100 total = 100 words exact.
4. All drabbles must be written by you personally, no co-writing or RP exchanges.
5. Drabbles can feature a single muse or character, or be answered by as many muses/characters as the author chooses.
6. All authors must sign up in the official signup post so we can keep track of who is playing for any giveaways, prizes or kudos that may occur. Please try to sign up by May 28th, 2010. You may sign up after the official start, but you may miss out on any giveaways that take place before you signed up. You'll also have less time to complete the challenge.
7. 75 drabble topics will be provided by Charloft. Some of these are based on user suggestions. 10-25 of these 75 topics will be pictures. Interpret the theme of the picture in any manner you choose. The 25 remaining topics are author's choice. Responses to a Charloft Thursday drabble prompts may be used as any of these 25 free topics, provided you write your response within the contest time period.
8. Please post your drabbles as a comment to the daily drabble roundup post. To find the latest drabble roundup, click the roundup tag.
9. Charloft mods will be participating in the 100 Drabbles of Summer, but are not eligible for any prizes.
10. Banners and icons are provided here for participants. Feel free to use them. Help us out if you can and pimp 100 Drabbles of Summer in your LJ and to your friends!
Questions that aren't answered here? Leave a comment and a mod will answer!